SOURCE: SiMPACT Strategy GroupDESCRIPTION:
LBG Canada is a network of companies seeking to maximize the impact of community investment for employees, society and the business. These companies understand the importance of volunteering:
- 86% of LBG Canada companies with volunteering programs offer during working hours volunteering. In 2014, 69,407 DwH volunteering have been recorded so far.
- 86% of LBG Canada companies with volunteering programs also offer non-working hours volunteering. In 2014, 828,190 NwH volunteering have been recorded so far.
To get such high participation in volunteering programs, LBG Canada companies display a commitment to implementing best practices. For example:
- 91% of LBG Canada companies recognize and celebrate their volunteers
- 68% of LBG Canada companies have a defined operating budget for employee volunteering programs, a trend which has been increasing since 2012.
- 23% of LBG Canada companies leverage volunteer programs to build employee skills, a trend which has been increasing since 2012.
For more LBG Canada employee volunteering program trends, please see the attached infographic. For more information on LBG Canada, please visit www.lbg-canada.ca.
KEYWORDS: Volunteerism & Community Engagement, Business & Trade, national volunteer week, employee volunteering, LBG Canada, London Benchmarking Group, Community Investment, Infographic, SiMPACT