Proceeds From Company’s Popular Restaurant Series Will Be Used to Support Local Restaurant Workers Facing Pandemic-Related Economic Hardship
(PRUnderground) September 11th, 2020
Starting today, Baldor Specialty Foods will donate proceeds from its popular Restaurant Series to help New York City restaurant workers in crisis. As part of the company’s Baldor Cares program, the company will be donating a portion of its Restaurant Series proceeds to ROAR (Relief Opportunities for All Restaurants) through Robin Hood, NYC’s largest poverty-fighting philanthropy.
ROAR advocates for small restaurant businesses devastated by the effects of COVID-19 and supports restaurant workers suffering financial hardship, while creating a path to a sustainable future for the hospitality industry in New York. To this end, they award one-time grants to individuals facing unprecedented economic hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, they have partnered with Robin Hood to raise donations for The Robin Hood Relief Fund.
Robin Hood focuses on creating economic mobility for families in poverty. They are currently concentrating their efforts on vulnerable New Yorkers and front line workers affected by the pandemic. The Robin Hood Relief Fund is helping New Yorkers by supporting the nonprofit organizations on the frontlines. 100 percent of donations will provide emergency support through food, housing, job security, and more.
Baldor’s Restaurant Series, part of the company’s home delivery program, offers home chefs the same ingredients and recipes famous NYC restaurants use to create their signature dishes. From Shake Shack’s iconic ShakeBurger to a Brisket Sandwich Kit from Hill Country Barbecue Market, families can recreate the meals they’ve been missing ever since COVID-19 essentially shut down NYC’s dining scene.
“Now, replicating your favorite restaurant dishes at home is going to serve more than just your family – It’s going to help restaurant workers who’ve been affected by the pandemic, as well,” said T.J. Murphy, Baldor’s CEO. “We’re giving back to the restaurant workers we’ve serviced for generations and we plan to keep our pledge to see them through this extremely challenging time.”
Since the pandemic struck, Baldor Foods has pivoted a large portion of its business from serving its primary restaurant customers, to serving individuals and families throughout the Northeast using their fleet of trucks to offer home delivery service. As one of the largest wholesale importers and distributors of fresh produce and specialty foods in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, Baldor has had the necessary infrastructure and resources to make home delivery easy and reliable.
The company’s new Restaurant Series, which launched in July, is a natural extension of the home delivery service and offers families exciting new options for their weekly meal plans.
The newest contributors to Baldor’s Restaurant Series are:
- 232 Bleecker – with a lavish brunch kit that serves four, and a three-course Cioppino.
- Blue Hill – featuring their resourcED Vegetable, Fish, Pork, and Beef Boxes.
- Purslane – has put together the ultimate Rosh Hashanah dinner box just in time for the holiday. Comes in various serving sizes.
- Great Performances – New York’s premier hospitality and events company with a Rosh Hashanah dinner box that serves 10.
- Black Seed Bagel – Assorted bagels, spreads, and lox from the artisan bagel shop led by James Beard-nominated executive chef and head baker, Dianna Daoheung.
They join an already eclectic mix of sumptuous dining options including:
- A Lebanese mixed grill kit from Ilili including chicken and beef kababs, kofta patties, and lamb chops.
- A Bo Ssäm box from Momofuku featuring cured pork shoulder and an array of fixings.
- Pasta Tastings and Meatballs from Hearth Restaurant
- Lobster Roll and Lobster Spaghetti from Jeffery’s Grocery
- Four-Course Slow-cooked Shortrib or Citrus Chicken Dinners from Crown Shy
- BBQ Feasts from Hill Country Barbecue
- Fresh ingredient pies from Roberta’s Pizza
- A kit with all the fixin’s for the perfect Shakeburger from Shake Shack
- California-inspired, vegetable-forward dishes from Westbourne
- A Glazed Eggplant Dinner or Turkey Burger kit from Loring Place
Each meal includes the same fresh, restaurant-quality ingredients used to make the originals, along with an easy-to-follow recipe and cooking tips from the pros.
“With our partners Robin Hood and ROAR, Baldor has engineered a unique way of giving back to affected restaurant workers who need it the most,” said Benjamin Walker, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Baldor. “We plan a continued expansion of the Restaurant Series, including some exciting holiday dishes, which will take on even more special meaning this season as we help position our friends in the restaurant business to come back strong.”
To review all of the Baldor Restaurant Series offerings visit: http://www.baldorfood.com
To contribute to Robin Hood and ROAR visit: https://www.roarnewyork.org/
About Baldor Specialty Foods
Baldor Specialty Foods is one of the largest importers and distributors of fresh produce and specialty foods in Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions. Beginning as Balducci’s fruit stand in Greenwich Village in 1946, Baldor maintains its original promise – curate and deliver the best and freshest foods in the world. Baldor seeks to provide great specialty foods and logistics that give their customers an edge.
To learn more, go to www.baldorfood.com.
The post Baldor Foods to Partner with Robin Hood and ROAR to Aid NYC Restaurant Workers first appeared on PRUnderground.Press Contact
Original Press Release.