NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR), the leading provider of networking products that power businesses of all sizes, today announced the availability of four new Plus switches with PoE+ and gigabit Ethernet (GS305EP, GS305EPP, GS308EP, and GS308EPP). NETGEAR Plus switches provide the fundamental network management features that small businesses demand.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201208005454/en/
Easy to manage, fundamental network features at an affordable cost for SMBs. GS308EPP offers 123W total power budget to power devices PoE devices such as VoIP phones, IP cameras, wireless access points, etc. (Graphic: Business Wire)
Small and home-based business networks are expanding by adding power over ethernet IP-connected devices such as Voice-over-IP (VoIP) phones, IP cameras for surveillance, WiFi access points and many other applications. To provide businesses and home offices with even more control and security together with easy management over their expanding networks, an all-in-one solution which also provides power for these IP-based applications is crucial. To address this need for an affordable all-in-one solution, NETGEAR is introducing four new Plus switches with PoE+ power and essential management capabilities. Providing businesses and home office workers with uninterrupted PoE and PoE+ capabilities with advanced per port controls, GS308EP, GS305EP, GS305EPP and GS308EPP include simple management features like VLANs, QoS, port mirroring, and uninterruptable PoE to help optimize the performance and troubleshooting of business networks.
Total PoE budget
Available at a minimal added cost over that of unmanaged switches, while offering the benefits of essential advanced network management, the Plus switches feature a new, modern, and intuitive business and consumer-friendly Graphical User Interface that is both browser and mobile friendly in 3 languages.
“As businesses further develop their networks to provide IP-based solutions, they have a need for easy-to-use network management capabilities in a secure environment,” said Richard Jonker, vice president of SMB product line management for NETGEAR. “These new PoE+ switches deliver on this capability, with the power to host IoT devices and wireless access points along with an intuitive graphical user interface for management while providing a secure environment with separated network segments over VLANs, all in a budget-friendly package.”
With auto-sensing 10/100/1000 Mbps non-blocking gigabit Ethernet ports with a total bandwidth of 10Gbps (5-port) and 16Gbps (8-port), these new Plus switches provide power budgets up to 123W for powerful PoE+ deployments and easy configuration of advanced features for the network. The new Plus switches deliver 4 or 8 PoE+ ports with 62W to 123W (model dependent) to provide power and network connectivity to PoE+ devices. Along with PoE+ capabilities, the new Plus switches include management features such as advanced per port PoE controls to simplify management of connected devices and uninterrupted power to keep devices connected and active even during firmware or software updates. Work from home offices and businesses can rest assured that the PoE power to their IP security cameras, VoIP phones and wireless access points is always on with this feature.
These new NETGEAR Plus switches also include the following power saving features:
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) for maximum power savings —Latest energy-saving abilities including per-port power management to reduce port power when the port link is down, or idle
- Fanless, with versatile mounting options –Completely silent operation in a desktop small form factor that is also wall-mountable
- Advanced per port PoE controls – Power management of the PoE connected devices by enabling and disabling PoE power per port, PoE prioritization, PoE power limit per port and more. Simplifies management of Wireless APs, IP security cameras, LED lighting, secure access door locks, IoT devices and more
- Uninterrupted PoE – Keep PoE power on to connected devices even when the switch is updating firmware or performing a soft reboot
And, to safeguard the security of the network, the VLANs can be configured separately for each sub-network. For example, set up a VLAN for guests, one for admin and a separate one for IoT devices. The Plus switches also include the following added security and reliability features:
- Port Mirroring - For network diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Comprehensive QoS - Advanced controls for optimized network performance and better delivery of mission-critical traffic such as voice and video
- IGMP Snooping - Improved network efficiency on delivering multicast traffic. Save cost and improve network efficiency by ensuring multicast traffic only reaches designated receivers without the need of an extra multicast router
- VLANs – Port-based and 802.1Q-based network separation into smaller groups for more secure and efficient use of network resources
- Loop Detection and Auto DoS Prevention - Detect accidental network loops and protect against DoS attacks
- Cable Test – Easily identify the health status of Ethernet cables to quickly resolve connectivity issues
With multi-language support in English, German, and Japanese, along with a category-leading 5-year warranty and 90-days free technical support via phone/email/chat, the Plus switches are now available worldwide.
GS305EP $ 79.99 USD - 104.99 CAD - € 79.99 - £ 74.99 - 119.19 AUD - 10,004 ¥
GS305EPP $109.99 USD - 149.99 CAD - €109.99 - £ 99.99 - 169.99 AUD - 13,756 ¥
GS308EP $ 99.99 USD - 129.99 CAD – € 99.99 - £ 89.99 - 149.99 AUD - 12,505 ¥
GS308EPP $124.99 USD - 159.99 CAD - €129.99 - £ 119.99 - 189.99 AUD - 15,944 ¥
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR® (NASDAQ: NTGR) has pioneered advanced networking technologies for homes, businesses, and service providers around the world since 1996 and leads the industry with a broad range of award-winning products designed to simplify and improve people’s lives. By enabling people to collaborate and connect to a world of information and entertainment, NETGEAR is dedicated to delivering innovative and advanced connected solutions ranging from mobile and cloud-based services for enhanced control and security, to smart networking products, video over Ethernet for Pro AV applications, easy-to-use WiFi solutions and performance gaming routers to enhance online game play.
The company is headquartered out of San Jose, Calif. with offices located around the globe. More information is available from the NETGEAR Investor Page or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the NETGEAR blog at NETGEAR.com.
©2020 NETGEAR, Inc. NETGEAR and the NETGEAR logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NETGEAR, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder(s). The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. NETGEAR shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All rights reserved.
* Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate and wireless coverage. NETGEAR makes no express or implied representations or warranties about this product’s compatibility with any future standards.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 for NETGEAR, Inc.: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Specifically, statements concerning NETGEAR's business and the expected performance characteristics, specifications, reliability, market acceptance, market growth, specific uses, user feedback and market position of NETGEAR's products and technology are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the following: the actual price, performance and ease-of-use of NETGEAR's products may not meet the price, performance and ease-of-use requirements of customers; product performance may be adversely affected by real world operating conditions; failure of products may under certain circumstances cause permanent loss of end user data; new viruses or Internet threats may develop that challenge the effectiveness of security features in NETGEAR's products; the ability of NETGEAR to market and sell its products and technology; the impact and pricing of competing products; and the introduction of alternative technological solutions. Further information on potential risk factors that could affect NETGEAR and its business are detailed in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. NETGEAR undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.