X1®, the leading enterprise search provider for virtual and traditional environments, today announced that the company achieved a record sales year in 2014, far surpassing its previous top performance in the company’s ten year history. X1’s sales increased nearly 70 percent over 2013, with the company’s support of search in virtual and hybrid environments driving demand. Highlights from 2014 include:
- Purchase of over 20,000 seats of X1 SearchTM Virtual Edition and X1 Rapid DiscoveryTM amounting to $1 million, by a large US Government Agency to enable search within their virtual desktop environment and help improve business productivity.
- Highly successful rollout of X1 Search to 11,000 end-users at the US Department of Defense.
- Enterprise-wide purchase of X1 Search (15,000 seats) by leading global technology firm.
- Several enterprise-wide purchases and rollouts of X1 Search by Am Law 100 law firms and financial institutions ranging from 2,000 to 5,000 seats.
- X1 achieved VMware Ready certification on its X1 Search, X1 Search Virtual Edition, and X1 Rapid Discovery product lines. X1 is the only enterprise search solution to achieve VMware Ready certification.
A recurring theme of enterprise search projects is that search is a source of major frustration for organizations. This is confirmed by survey after survey where the vast majority of respondents report dissatisfaction with their current enterprise search platform. However, X1’s customers report firm-wide X1 rollouts being major wins at their organization by improving business productivity. Marcus Stimler, CTO UK for Capgemini explains in a recent webinar, “Organizations like Capgemini are very large and there are lots of initiatives going on at different levels. X1 is a great complement to support search…and is intuitive and fast. The scalability is fantastic.”
“2014 proved to be a breakout year for X1, and I thank our customers, key partners, and our hard-working employees for making this happen,” said John Patzakis, President & CEO of X1. “We believe that X1’s dual focus on end-user experience and virtualization is the key to our success. We continually hear countless testimonials from our users, at companies large and small who swear by their X1 and cannot imagine working without it. Additionally, X1 is the only enterprise search solution to quickly and automatically deploy into cloud and virtual environments. Both of these factors uniquely set X1 apart from any other search solution.”
X1 offers next generation desktop and enterprise search solutions specifically designed for professionals who need to quickly find and act on critical business data. The same platform allows for IT and legal professionals to perform powerful searches of their organization’s data for compliance, eDiscovery and data migrations. X1 was founded by Idealab and is powered by award winning and patented X1 Search Technology for business professionals, which has over 500,000 users worldwide. For more information, please visit www.x1.com.