SAN LEANDRO, Calif., March 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- TriNet (NYSE: TNET), a leading cloud-based provider of HR services, today announced the findings of its February 2015 SMBeat, a monthly analysis of small to medium-sized business (SMB) employment and human capital economic indicators. February's report focuses on geographic and industry trends on a national scale. The month-over-month analysis shows a slow, steady-rate of growth in various regions across the country but mixed industry gains.
Nevada showed the most improvement in employment index out of the states across the TriNet population, while Dallas–Ft. Worth showed the biggest index growth of any of the metro regions analyzed. Just 200 miles north of Dallas, Oklahoma City saw their index value decrease this month.
As predicted by TriNet in October 2014, the construction industry experienced growth and the highest month-over-month gain in February 2015, compared to any other vertical served by TriNet. The information industry, as well as the professional and business sector, also enjoyed increased indexes this month.
Below are the key findings of the February 2015 TriNet SMBeat Report. All data related to employment growth and losses are sourced from TriNet's population of more than 10,000 clients and approximately 288,000 worksite employees1 in the U.S. This month's report results:
- This month, the TriNet SMBeat employment index is at 183 – an increase over last month of 0.5%. The index is up 12% compared to the same month last year.
- Voluntary terminations are down 2.2%, while involuntary terminations decreased by 2.7%.
- Nevada had good gains in February with a month-over-month increase of 2.5%, moving the index value to 161.
- The Dallas-Fort Worth metro area had a month-over-month gain of 2.1%, moving the index value to 144, while the Oklahoma City metro area decreased this month to an index value of 80.
- The construction industry enjoyed the highest gain this month of 2.4%, bringing the employment index value to 87.
- A couple other industries also performed well this month. The information sector increased by 2.2% for an index of 615, while the professional and business services industry increased by 1.4% to 282.
For additional details and to receive monthly SMBeat alerts, visit TriNet.com/smbeat.
For current HR news, visit the TriNet Blog: http://www.trinet.com/blog/
TriNet is a leading provider of a comprehensive human resources solution for small to medium-sized businesses, or SMBs. We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their human resources, or HR, function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our HR solution includes services such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers compensation insurance. Our services are delivered by our expert team of HR professionals and enabled by our proprietary, cloud-based technology platform, which allows our clients and their employees to efficiently conduct their HR transactions anytime and anywhere. For more information, please visit http://www.trinet.com.
TriNet, Ambitions Realized and the TriNet logo are registered trademarks of TriNet. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
1 As of December 31, 2014. Data is sourced from full-time and salaried employees of TriNet's clients, which we refer to as worksite employees.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/construction-industry-shows-predicted-growth-many-geographic-areas-experience-increased-employment-indexes-300048735.html