The power of collaboration to drive innovation has been at the core of Abbott’s health technologies for more than 130 years.
Working together is how we do what we do.
So, there’s no surprise that our scientists and engineers formed a global, cross-functional team to respond amid a pandemic, when the world needed COVID-19 tests that would offer fast, reliable results.
The solution? Our BinaxNOW rapid COVID-19 test and its companion app, NAVICA.
Fast Company has honored them as one of the publication's Innovative Teams of the Year, part of the magazine's Best Workplaces for Innovators honors.
"Creating accessible and affordable COVID-19 testing was an undertaking larger than any one department or division at Abbott," said Andrea Wainer, executive vice president, Rapid and Molecular Diagnostics. "This honor recognizes that when the world needed their expertise most, Abbott’s scientists and engineers quickly pivoted and worked together to develop a solution that served the needs of people looking for answers, helping them find peace of mind."
Honored team members who played pivotal roles in developing the paired technologies include:
- Carsten Buenning – Divisional Vice President, R&D Innovation
- Virender Choudhary – Senior Manager, Digital Platform Engineering
- Terry Finch – Divisional Vice President, Digital Technology Services
- Lev Frayman – Director, Product Security
- Stacey Huth – Director, R&D
- Steve Kovacs – Senior Manager, Research Science
- Ryan Ray – IT Director, Cloud Services
- Nate White – Senior Technical Manager
- Andy Wilkinson – Site Director
- Nick Wood – Director, Digital Software Engineering
The magazine says the list recognizes workplaces that encourage innovation and share a passion for giving employees the freedom to explore creative ideas that benefits their businesses and communities.
KEYWORDS: NYSE:ABT, Abbott