CALGARY, Alberta–October 18, 2023–E3 LITHIUM LTD. (TSXV:ETL) (FSE:OW3) (OTCQX:EEMMF), “E3 Lithium” or the “Company,” Alberta’s leading lithium developer and extraction technology innovator, is pleased to report it has completed the series of three optimized tests at its Direct Lithium Extraction (DLE) Field Pilot Plant with results surpassing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). The pilot continues to operate with the selected optimized test, outlined below, to confirm the results, while also producing lithium concentrate for further lithium production testing.
The differences between each test included changes in the operating conditions to optimize the cycle time (the amount of time the sorbent was exposed to the brine), flow rate ratio and the duration of each cycle.
While the conditions of Test 1 resulted in the best product quality (higher lithium concentration and lower impurities), Test 2 was able to achieve the highest flow rate ratio and optimized cycle duration. While the product quality of Test 2 was lower, it is still significantly greater than the KPI success criteria and a preferable trade-off from a commercial design perspective, outlined below. The average main impurities in the Test 2 product stream include: Na: 76.5 mg/L, K: 11.2 mg/L, Ca: 59.2 mg/L, Mg: 10.1 mg/L, Mn:0.2 mg/L mg/L, Sr: 1.5 mg/L and B 68.8mg/L.
Given the results of the three tests, E3 Lithium is running the conditions for Test 2 for an extended operating period that is currently underway. E3 Lithium will continue to monitor and verify the results of the extended operating period.
The details below provide context on the results and how they impact the overall design of E3 Lithium’s commercial facility. Being able to extract lithium from the Leduc brines in Alberta efficiently and effectively at this scale has a significant positive impact on the project and advances the Company forward.
Lithium Recovery: The mass of lithium recovered from raw brine was calculated based on the lithium concentration measured in the brine before and after the lithium was extracted using the DLE system. The average lithium recovery over the duration of each test is reported above.
Concentration of lithium relative to other impurities: The average lithium grade is reported as the concentration of lithium relative to the total concentration of the impurities. Samples were pulled every four hours throughout the duration of each test.
Concentration of lithium in the lithium product stream: The concentration of lithium in the product stream is reported as an average. Samples were pulled every four hours throughout the duration of each test.
Flow Rate Ratio: The flow rate ratio is calculated from the brine flow rate relative to the volume of sorbent used. A higher number represents more brine flowing across the same amount of sorbent.
The main KPI that is impacted by increasing the flow rate ratio is lithium recovery. The goal of the initial three tests was to maximize the flow rate ratio while maintaining lithium recovery and the purity of the product stream. Various parameters in each of the three tests were modified to increase the flow rate ratio while aiming to ensure recovery was maintained, along with achieving high levels of purity and high lithium concentration.
Flow rate ratio is the focus for the testing due to its ability to directly impact the relative capital and operating costs of the brine treatment system. The quality of the product stream, quantified by lithium concentration and purity, has a direct impact on the relative size and complexity of the post DLE lithium refining process. Put simply, the more concentrated the lithium, combined with a lower concentration of impurities, the less energy is required to produce a battery grade product. The flow rate ratio has a larger impact on costs relative to the minor increase in impurities across the tests outlined above and is the determining factor for choosing Test 2 for our continued operations.
All results achieved from pilot testing have exceeded E3 Lithium’s expectations as well as all KPIs that have an impact on the design, and therefore, the cost of extracting lithium from E3 Lithium’s brines.
“These results have exceeded our expectations and are extremely encouraging,” said Chris Doornbos, President & CEO of E3 Lithium. “The team is working through the impact of these positive results as we progress the engineering of the facility via our Pre-Feasibility Study. The team continues to operate the pilot to confirm these results and working safely is the highest priority.”
As E3 Lithium has previously outlined it is testing its own DLE technology along with two third-party technologies. The table of results above represent one of the third-party systems. The Company continues to test the E3 Lithium system and is progressing the testing of the second third party system this fall.
Upon completion of the longer operating period currently underway, E3 Lithium is likely to have the data required for its Prefeasibility Study (PFS), Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS) and the detailed engineering and design for its first commercial facility. This longer operation will also produce lithium concentrate for further downstream processing of battery-grade Lithium Hydroxide Monohydrate (LHM).
E3 Lithium will provide details of the DLE system and the downstream equipment vendor selected for its PFS once all data from the pilot operations are compiled and confirmed.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chris Doornbos, President & CEO
E3 Lithium Ltd.
About E3 Lithium
E3 Lithium is a development company with a total of 16.0 million tonnes of lithium carbonate equivalent (LCE) Measured and Indicated and 0.9 million tonnes LCE Inferred mineral resources1 in Alberta. As outlined in E3’s Preliminary Economic Assessment, the Clearwater Lithium Project has an NPV8% of USD 1.1 Billion with a 32% IRR pre-tax and USD 820 Million with a 27% IRR after-tax1. E3 Lithium’s goal is to produce high purity, battery grade lithium products to power the growing electrical revolution. With a significant lithium resource and innovative technology solutions, E3 Lithium has the potential to deliver lithium to market from one of the best jurisdictions in the world.
1: The Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) for the Clearwater Lithium Project NI 43-101 technical report is amended Sept 17, 2021. Gordon MacMillan, P.Geol, QP, Fluid Domains Inc. and Grahame Binks, MAusIMM, QP (Metallurgy), formerly of Sedgman Canada Limited (Report Date: June 15, 2018, Effective Date: June 4, 2018 Amended Date: September 17, 2021). The mineral resource NI 43-101 Technical Report for the North Rocky Property, effective October 27, 2017, identified 0.9Mt LCE (inferred). The mineral resource NI 43-101 Technical Report for the Bashaw District Project, effective March 21, 2023, identified 16.0Mt LCE (measured & indicated). All reports are available on the E3 Lithium’s website (e3lithium.ca/technical-reports) and SEDAR+ (www.sedarplus.ca).
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
This news release includes certain forward-looking statements as well as management’s objectives, strategies, beliefs and intentions. Forward looking statements are frequently identified by such words as “may”, “will”, “plan”, “expect”, “anticipate”, “estimate”, “intend” and similar words referring to future events and results. Forward-looking statements are based on the current opinions and expectations of management. All forward-looking information is inherently uncertain and subject to a variety of assumptions, risks and uncertainties, including the speculative nature of mineral exploration and development, fluctuating commodity prices, the effectiveness and feasibility of emerging lithium extraction technologies which have not yet been tested or proven on a commercial scale or on the Company’s brine, competitive risks and the availability of financing, as described in more detail in our recent securities filings available at www.sedarplus.ca. Actual events or results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements and we caution against placing undue reliance thereon. We assume no obligation to revise or update these forward-looking statements except as required by applicable law.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
E3 Lithium – Investor and Media Relations
Manager, Investor Relations
Featured Image @ FreePik
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, E3 Lithium Ltd. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from E3 Lithium Ltd’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) up to fifty three thousand two hundred CAD for each 30 day (22 business day) period of campaign duration which is anticipated to be up to 365 calendar days (254 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding E3 Lithium Ltd.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to E3 Lithium Ltd.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) E3 Lithium Ltd.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that E3 Lithium Ltd. intends to offer; (e) E3 Lithium Ltd.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) E3 Lithium Ltd.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) E3 Lithium Ltd.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) E3 Lithium Ltd.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute E3 Lithium Ltd.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) E3 Lithium Ltd.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) E3 Lithium Ltd.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) E3 Lithium Ltd.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of E3 Lithium Ltd. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) E3 Lithium Ltd.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact E3 Lithium Ltd.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing E3 Lithium Ltd.’s business operations (e) E3 Lithium Ltd. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, E3 Lithium Ltd. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does E3 Lithium Ltd. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither E3 Lithium Ltd. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of E3 Lithium Ltd. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of E3 Lithium Ltd. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of E3 Lithium Ltd. or such entities.
8) Investing is risky. The information provided in this article should not be considered as a substitute for professional financial consultation. Users should be aware that investing in any form carries inherent risks, and as such, there is a possibility of losing some or all of their investment. The value of investments can fluctuate significantly within a short period, and investors must understand that past performance is not indicative of future results. Additionally, users should exercise caution as transactions involving investments may be irreversible, even in cases of fraud or accidental actions. It is crucial to acknowledge that rapidly evolving laws and technical issues can have adverse effects on the usability, transferability, exchangeability, and value of investments. Furthermore, users must be cognizant of potential security risks associated with their investment activities. Individuals are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough research, seek professional advice, and carefully evaluate their risk tolerance before engaging in any investment endeavors. Market Jar Media Inc. is neither an investment adviser nor a broker-dealer. The information presented on the website is provided for informative purposes only and is not to be treated as a recommendation to make any specific investment. No such information on PressReach.com constitutes advice or a recommendation.
- Featured News RSS feed
- Investing News RSS feed
- Daily Press Releases RSS feed
- Trading Tips RSS feed
- Investing Videos RSS feed