Hardbacon, Canada’s top financial comparison platform, is proud to announce its 2024 ranking of the best free credit cards in Canada. This ranking is particularly relevant for Canadians who predominantly use debit cards for in-store transactions or those with modest incomes.
(PRUnderground) November 30th, 2023
Hardbacon, Canada’s top financial comparison platform, is proud to announce its 2024 ranking of the best free credit cards in Canada. This ranking is particularly relevant for Canadians who predominantly use debit cards for in-store transactions or those with modest incomes. For these individuals, incurring annual fees on credit cards, which typically range from $50 to $150 and can go as high as $800 for premium cards, often does not equate to a financial benefit as the additional rewards seldom outweigh the fees compared to free cards.
Julien Brault, CEO of Hardbacon, notes: “Our ranking is intended for Canadians for whom free credit cards are the most financially sensible option. It offers valuable alternatives without annual fees, aligning with their spending habits and financial considerations.”
Top picks from the ranking include:
- Tangerine World Mastercard – Best Credit Card for Earning Rewards Outside Canada
- Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card – Best Personalized No-fee Cash Back Credit Card
- Neo Credit Card – Best Overall
- BMO CashBack Mastercard – Best for Cash Back Rewards
- Scotiabank Scene+ Visa Card – Best for Entertainment Rewards
- BMO AIR MILES No Fee Mastercard – Best for AIR MILES Collectors
- KOHO Prepaid Mastercard Easy – Best Free Prepaid Card
- Simplii Financial CashBack Visa – Best for New Canadians
- EQ Bank Card – Best for ATM Withdrawals
- TD Rewards Visa Card – Best for Shopping on Amazon
- RBC ION Visa Card – Best for Merchandise Rewards
- Scotiabank American Express Card – Best for Earning Points on Food and Drinks
- Scotiabank Momentum No-fee Visa Card – Best For Earning Cash Back on Common Spending Categories
- Tim’s Credit Card – Best Free Credit Card for Coffee-drinkers
For comprehensive details on each card’s features and benefits, visit Hardbacon’s website.
Hardbacon is committed to helping Canadians make better financial decisions through its innovative fintech app, financial calculators, personal finance guides, and financial product comparison tools. Reaching more than 3 million Canadians on an annual basis through its app and website, Hardbacon has helped millions of users pick credit cards, bank accounts car insurance, and personal loans since its foundation in 2017.
The post Hardbacon Releases 2024 Ranking of Canada’s Best Free Credit Cards first appeared on
Original Press Release.