Photo from Unsplash
Originally Posted On: https://realitaliano.co.uk/blogs/news/breadstick-dip-recipes
Here at Real Italiano, we love a delicious and satisfying snack! We especially love all types of crunchy breadsticks. They’re so versatile and can be enjoyed on their own when you’re feeling peckish, as an aperitivo, or as a side to bring your whole meal together. This week, we’re putting Monviso’s tasty grissini (breadsticks) in the spotlight and looking at all the different ways they can be enjoyed at home – as always, taking inspiration from our favourite Italian cuisine.
A bit about Monviso
Established in beautiful Turin, Monviso has been around for over 80 years and their very first product range focused on suitability for children and people with diabetes. These savoury snacks started as being high in protein and low in sugar and they were initially sold in pharmacies due to their several nutritional benefits. Today, Monviso continues to embrace healthy, tasty food, and their products have developed to be free of palm oil and, therefore, better for the environment whilst locking in amazing flavour!
The wonderful Monviso snack flavours now stretch from delicate olive oil and tangy tomato to salty capers and aromatic rosemary.
Monviso Tomato & Basil Artisanal Breadsticks
Tomato and basil are the ultimate Italian flavour combination and Monviso has conveniently packaged up these wonderful tastes and aromas so you can easily enjoy them at home. They’re also vegetarian-friendly and contain no palm oil or lactose, so you can tuck into them guilt-free!
One of our favourite ways to enjoy the Monviso breadsticks is with a delicious, flavoursome dip. We highly recommend them with a creamy and subtle dip like humous or tomato salsa, but we also love them as a side to a comforting pasta bake, creamy risotto, or a speedy pasta dish.
If you’re looking for the perfect Italian dip for your breadsticks, we have a few suggestions that you might like: a unique, protein-packed lupin humous, an elegant sun-dried tomato dip, or a speedy artichoke dip.
A common addition to antipasti boards, lupin beans are no stranger to Italian cuisine. They are part of the pea family, and like many other bean types, they have their nutritional benefits such as being high in fibre and protein. But it’s their sweet and nutty flavour that we love about lupins, so we’ve made it into a hearty humous to go perfectly with our breadsticks!
Here’s what you’ll need:
½ tsp salt
60g tahini paste
Pinch of pepper
2 tbsp Casa Rinaldi Lemon Juice
1. Drain the lupin beans and add them to a blender, followed by all the other ingredients. Blitz everything together until smooth. If the mixture is a little too thick, you can loosen it with a little more olive oil.
2. The humous is best served chilled, so we recommend placing it in an airtight container and keep in the fridge until cold. The humous is then fine to store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
3. Serve with the Monviso Tomato & Basil Artisanal Breadsticks and enjoy!
Sun-dried tomato dip
Sun-dried tomatoes make it really easy to upgrade many types of dishes and boost flavour. In this case, they perfectly complement the classic tomato and basil flavour of the breadsticks, and if you’re looking for something to bring your party food together, this is the perfect addition!
Here’s what you’ll need:
225g cream cheese
120g sour cream
120g good quality mayonnaise
2 spring onions, thinly sliced (plus extra to garnish)
1. Place everything apart from the spring onions into a blender and blitz to a smooth paste.
2. Add the spring onions and pulse a few times to combine.
3. Place in a serving dish, cover, and refrigerate to chill. Just before serving, sprinkle the extra spring onions on top.
If you’re looking for something a little different to the standard dips you normally find in the supermarket, we highly recommend this unique, homemade artichoke dip. Artichokes are full of wonderful flavour that are not too powerful, so it goes well with lots of different types of foods and snacks. Artichokes are also packed with many nutritional benefits such as being low in fat and high in fibre as well as being rich in vitamins such as C and K, minerals, and antioxidants.
Here’s what you’ll need:
½ tsp Casa Rinaldi Lemon Juice
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. Place the artichoke hearts in a food processor or blender, followed by lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
2. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add the parsley and stir to combine.
3. Sprinkle the dip with a little extra parsley and a drizzle of olive oil before serving.
We hope you love our recommended dips to go with these artisanal breadsticks. They are the perfect addition to any antipasti board or brunch to treat your family or guests to, especially if you’re looking for something unique to wow them with. Our favourite – and traditional Italian – way to serve these is to simply arrange everything on a board or platter and let everyone dig in and help themselves!
For the authentic taste of Italy, buy all of your Italian kitchen staples at Real Italiano